Curriculum Proposal Forms
Below are the Curriculum Proposal forms for proposing revisions to Graduate and Undergraduate programs, for proposing new and revising existing Certificates, and for proposing new and revising existing Minors. These forms should be submitted by October 31st for review by the University Curriculum Teams in the 2016-2017 academic year.
Deadlines for Submission of Curricular Materials for Implementation in Fall 2017
Timeline A (for items that do not require Board of Trustees approval)
This timeline applies to the following categories:
- Revisions to existing degree programs and existing program majors
- New minors and revisions to existing minors
- New certificates and revisions to existing certificates
- New courses and revisions to existing courses
The review and approval process for curriculum to be implemented Fall 2017 for the 2017-2018 catalog year includes the following steps:
- It is strongly recommended that program/department representatives meet with Cathy Duff and Lucero Carvajal from the Office of Academic and Curriculum Support (ACS) prior to preparing paperwork for submitting program revisions to the appropriate college curriculum teams. This will help ensure that all state and university policies and procedures are being followed and all program requirements are clear and concise. Please contact Lucero at email@example.com 745-4368 to schedule a meeting.
- Colleges review and approve proposals. Each college has its own internal review process and associated deadlines. Each proposal must be approved by the:
- department or program chair or director,
- chair of the college curriculum team, and
- college dean.
- Proposed courses with general education designations must be submitted to the General Education Council for review after approval is granted by the college.
- October 31, 2016, is the deadline for submission of approved proposal documentation to the Office of Academic and Curriculum Support (ACS) - Attention: Dr. Cathy Duff – GCT/ Lucero Carvajal - UCT.
Note: Please submit the proposal forms for course revisions through the Curriculum Management System (CMS) only - copies of course forms are not needed.
- The university-wide Undergraduate Curriculum Team (UCT) or the Graduate Curriculum Team (GCT) reviews and approves proposals.
- The Office of Academic and Curriculum Support coordinates the next steps, which includes reviewing suggested course prefix/number assignments and updating program major information on the FGCU website and in the catalog.
Timeline B (for items that require Board of Trustees approval)
Please contact Cathy Duff at 590-7043 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the timeline that applies to new program majors, new degree programs, and other curricular actions that must be approved by the FGCU Board of Trustees (BOT) for the 2016-2017 catalog year. These items must be approved at the college level (see steps 1 and 2 above) and ready for UCT or GCT review no later than 90 days prior to the scheduled BOT meeting. Faculty and colleges are advised to work closely with ACS and Academic Affairs to ensure that proposals have received appropriate strategic planning and budgetary review.