The University and your hiring department will authorize a maximum dollar allowance for your move. The move of restricted goods must have separate documentation and approval. The following options may be included in a contract move:
- Additional pickup at origin or additional delivery at destination.
- Packing including cartons of furniture, accessories, clothing, appliances, tools, and equipment normally required to maintain a household.
- Normal removal, preparation for shipment and placing of appliances such as ranges, refrigerators, washers, dryers, food freezers, air conditioners. This does not include parts or labor in special installation of pipes, ductwork, wiring, etc.
- Placement of furniture, rugs, beds are included, but hanging of pictures, fixtures, mirrors, curtain rods, or racks are not.
- Storage at point of origin or destination, if approved.
- Automobiles (must be operational and able to be driven).