International Students Application Process
- Submit the FGCU Undergraduate Admission Application for admission. There are 2 different ways to apply. You may apply online through our website or submit a paper application.
- Be sure to properly complete the Residency Form and provide the proper signatures.
- Be sure to complete the code of conduct section and provide any necessary documentation if needed.
- Be sure to sign the application.
- Identify your country of citizenship and any visa you hold.
- You must submit the non-refundable US $30.00 application fee (payable to Florida Gulf Coast University).
- Submit OFFICIAL academic transcripts. Foreign academic transcripts must be evaluated by a credential evaluation agency. To be considered OFFICIAL, the evaluation must be submitted directly from the evaluating agency via postal mail. Be certain to instruct the academic evaluation agency to issue the report directly to Florida Gulf Coast University. In most cases, a document-by-document evaluation with grade point average (GPA) being optional, is required for high school levels. If an evaluation is being done for a high school in an English speaking country, notification of foreign language taken is recommended. Also, a course-by-course evaluation is required for college or university levels with a GPA and identification of upper level courses recommended. If applicable, OFFICIAL transcripts of previous academic study in the US from each and everyinstitution must be submitted as well.
- Submit OFFICIALtest scores. FGCU accepts the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I, Reasoning Test) for admission purposes. If you have never taken either of these tests before, you may take the ACT or SAT at any location convenient to you and have the scores sent to FGCU by indicating on the ACT registration form the FGCU Score Report code of 0733 or for the SAT indicating the Score Report code of 5221. To be considered official, the scores may be submitted directly from the testing agency by paper or electronically.
- Submit current (not more than 3 years old) OFFICIAL English language proficiency verification. To be considered OFFICIAL, the verification must be submitted directly from the testing agency via postal mail. A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam must be submitted if English is not your native language. A TOEFL score or IELTS exam is not required if you have a degree granted from a U.S. institution (college or university). You must have attended the whole four 4 years and graduated from a U.S. high school to be exempt from TOEFL or IELTS.
- Submit the Financial Statement Form for financial responsibility. This form and more detailed information can be found in the International Student Admission Guide below. All applicants must submit proof of financial resources equivalent to the cost of attending FGCU for one academic year (refer to the Estimated Expenses information). The Financial Statement Form must be completed and signed by an official of your financial institution (such as a bank) where your funds are deposited, or by a sponsor who will be legally responsible for your financial support. This original form must be submitted; no photocopies are accepted. This document should be dated no more than 6 months prior to the intended date of enrollment.
- If you are currently attending a U.S. institution, you must submit a Visa Clearance Form. This form must be signed by the DSO (Designated School Official) at your current institution, verifying your visa status, and should be sent in a sealed envelope directly to the Admissions Office at FGCU.
- Submit photocopies of all other immigration documents such as your passport and visa (if applicable).
All documentation should be submitted to:
Florida Gulf Coast University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
10501 FGCU Boulevard South
Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565
After reading the International Student Admission Guide, you are invited to schedule an appointment to meet with us if you would like to discuss the application process, by contacting us at (239) 590-7878, or for TTY users (239) 590-7886 or e-mail: email@example.com. In the U.S. you can call us using the 1-888-889-1095 (toll free) number. We will review your application and documents and advise you of any additional information you will need to submit.