A returning student is any former FGCU degree-seeking undergraduate student who has not earned a degree, who has not been enrolled at FGCU in any of the last 3 terms, and who wishes to re-enroll.
- Submit a new admissions application by going to FGCU Undergraduate Admission Application by the appropriate application deadline. A new application fee is not required.
- Students in good academic standing who are re-applying to limited access programs are NOT guaranteed re-admission to that program.
- To be readmitted, a student must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last institution attended (including FGCU), and have a 2.0 GPA as calculated by the University on all transferable credit hours. Former FGCU students not in good standing and wishing to return should refer to the 'Former Student Returning' portion of the Undergraduate Admission section of the current catalog for information.
- If after leaving FGCU, you attended other colleges or universities, then you must send official transcript(s) from each institution to the Office of Admission for evaluation purposes. If a final transcript from a previous institution was never submitted for the last term of admission, an official transcript will need to be submitted to the Office of Admission in order to release the transcript hold.
- If you were previously admitted to FGCU as a freshman and never provided a FINAL OFFICIAL high school transcript with date of graduation, please have your high school send one to FGCU.
- Students enrolled in an approved FGCU study abroad program are exempt from this requirement and will be permitted to re-enroll upon their return to FGCU.
- The foreign language requirement must be met. You should submit an official high school or college transcript to demonstrate this requirement has been met.
All documentation should be submitted to:
Florida Gulf Coast University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
10501 FGCU Boulevard South
Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565
A readmitted undergraduate student who has not been in attendance at FGCU for a period of at least five (5) years may apply to the Academic Standards Committee for academic amnesty. Specific details on the policy for amnesty, how to apply, and the conditions under which amnesty may be granted are published in the University Catalog by the Office of the Registrar.