Service Catalog and Knowledgebase
User Knowledge Base
Telephone & Fax
Functional Area Support
- Assist with moving, deleting, archiving and organizing emails.
- Provide Faculty/Staff with a personal copy of Microsoft Office Professional at no charge.
- Assist with and troubleshoot connecting to MyVPN website and configuring access to office computer from off campus.
- We offer discounts on software through different manufacturers including Microsoft, Dell, and Apple.
University Software Installation and Support
- We install and provide assistance with programs approved for use by the University (i.e. Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader).
- Buisness Technology Services also hosts, and provides a wide variety of applications used by all members of the University. Some of these systems support day to day operations of the University, or assist faculty and students with pursuit of their academic goals.
Virus Protection and Removal
- We provide anti-virus software that protects against and removes viruses.
Banner Reporting (Cognos)
- Support and provide custom system reports for University systems.
- Assist with recovering data that has been deleted or lost due to hardware failure.
- All University systems are backed up on a constant basis to guard against the unexpected. File servers are backed up nightly, as are the faculty/staff email system, and student information systems.
- Business Technology Services (BTS) backs up electronic mail for the purpose of restoring the entire electronic mail system in the event of a disaster. Backup tapes/disks are retained for a period of one month and cannot be used as a convenience to retrieve “Deleted” messages. While in some cases it may be possible to recover from the accidental deletion of files by a user, this is generally not feasible, and therefore users are responsible for backing up individual messages and folders as appropriate.
- Facilitate transfer of user data to and from computers.
- We securely and thoroughly delete all data on computers marked for disposal.
Data Installation Services
- While all buildings come with much preinstalled data wiring, sometimes it is not where it should be. Buisness Technology Services offers services to have additional data ports for phones/printers or computers installed in a location of your choice. Please contact us at 239-590-1188 if you have any request for additional data wiring.
- Work with user to assist in changing and resetting passwords.
- Assistance in mapping Network Drives for user access and troubleshooting access issues.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues that users may have with connecting to the network, either wired or wireless.
- Maintain FGCU's Internet connections
- The growth of Florida Gulf Coast University has opened opportunities in offsite locations for the University. Buisness Technology Services ensures that all remote users have the same reliable computing experience as our on-campus user.
Get Secure Campaign
- Campus wide program educating users on staying safe while using a computer; includes best practices.
- The User Knowledgebase contains an ever-growing library of documentation for users to troubleshoot common computer problems and complete simple tasks on their own. This library is a SharePoint library that is updated by BTS. To learn how to optimize the use of this library read Use the User Knowledgebase.
Microsoft Office Trainings
- FGCU’s Business Technoogy Services offers Microsoft Office Training classes. For more information please visit the Training Classes site here.
Hardware Repairs on University Machines
- Facilitate repairs of University machines on campus
End of Life Computer Disposal
- Dispose of machines at the end of life
Hardware Purchasing Guidance
- Assist with recommendations for hardware based on user's needs
Custom Hardware Configurations
- Offer solutions to custom configure hardware based on user’s needs.
Mobile Device Support
- Assist with user's mobile devices and configuring email to work with them.
New Device Installation
- Assist in installation of items such as printers, monitors, and other devices.
- Buisness Technology Services provides file and print services to all faculty and staff users. File services are hosted on various servers providing departments with space to share their work within their own department as well as with others. All file shares are backed up on a regular basis (see Backup and Disaster Recovery)
Computer moves( Breakdown and Set up)
- Assist with breaking down and setting up computer when faculty and/or staff member is changing location on campus.
- We offer discounts of hardware through different manufacturers.
Loaner Computers for Serviced Machines
- Offer checkout laptops for users while their office machine is being serviced.
Computer Standards for University Desktops and Laptops
- Define University standards for machines on the University network and post for users.
- New Phone Installation (i.e. Avaya 9611 Desk Phones, IP Conference Phones, Classroom Phones etc…)
- Existing User Changes (i.e. Old office to new office moves, phone upgrades, name changes etc…)
- TBA to new user assignment (i.e. New user taking over an existing department extention.)
- Extension Disconnects (If you want to get rid of a phone number all together.)
- Feature/Configuration Changes (i.e. Call Forwarding, voice mail and authorization codes for long distance.)
- University Cell Phone Program (i.e. University provided, employee stipend, or departmental prorated)
- Century Link Centrex Message Line (For off-Campus satellite locations)
- Toll-Free Lines
- Line Only (i.e. A featureless second extension added to an existing phone)
- Analog Line (i.e. Polycom conference phones, TTY, analogue dependent software etc.)
- Automated Attendant – (Press 1 for… Press 2 for…etc.)
- Suncom Reservation-less Conferencing(Various audio conferencing options.)
- Digital Faxing (Faxing from you desktop computer.)
*All requests for services and related changes to the University phone system are made by selecting the appropriate form, which can be accessed online.
*Expected completion time is 7-10 business days:
- The Department of Telecommunications would appreciate as much notice as possible.
- A monthly and/or one-time charge may apply for requested service(s).
- Please contact the Department of Telecommunications for further pricing information.
- To report a telecommunications problem, please call x1001 (239-590-1001), or send an email to email@example.com
Offer Functional support in the following areas:
Student Financial Services