Visual Arts Scholarship Application
Welcome to the FGCU Visual Arts online Application Form.
Scholarship applications are available
from 9am Feb. 1st until Midnight April 1st 2017
Decisions will be made by April 15 2017
About the Award:
- $2,000 per year payable in two installments, half in the fall and the other half in the spring.
- Scholarship is for undergraduate course work only and can be renewed for up to four years or until student has completed the BA in Arts degree, whichever comes first.
To Qualify for the Award:
- Student must maintain fulltime academic status (enroll in at least 12 credit hours fall & spring).
- Student must be from one of the following five counties: Charlotte, Lee, Collier, Hendry or Glades.
- The student must be a US citizen, or meet the requirements of an eligible non-citizen as defined by the Federal Student Aid program.
- The student must be admitted to FGCU as a BA Arts Major immediately after high school graduation. Attending another post-secondary institution after graduation and prior to FGCU will void the scholarship.
- The student must meet the admission criteria for the intended term of enrollment
The Selection Process:
- A three-person committee of Arts faculty will decide on the scholarship winners.
- The award letters will be sent by the department with a copy to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Ready to Apply?
Before you start the application process:
- 1 letter of recommendation relating to your talent, academic ability, character and other personal attributes. Use academic advisors, teachers, professors, arts administrators for reference letters. Do not include letters from family and friends.
These must be in WORD (.doc or .docx) or PDF format and signed by the recommender.
- A 300-750 word essay (Word or PDF format) answering the following question:
What role does Art play in your Life?
Make sure your NAME is on all documentation you upload! [e.g. ‘myname-essay.doc’]
The Submission Process:
- Complete the online form. You will be sent an email response to the address you supply. Make sure you use an email that you check often!
- After completing the application you will be asked to email your letter of recommendation, essay response and 10-image portfolio. The maximum size for the portfolio is 20mb. Instructions in the email will show you how to make sure your portfolio is small enough to email.
You have not completed your application without emailing these documents!
- You will hear a decision from us shortly after April 15, 2017.
- Good Luck!