Admissions Information for 2013-2014 Catalog Year
If you are not yet an FGCU student, visit the Admissions Office Website
If you are a newly-admitted FGCU student please be sure to sign up for an Orientation session. As part of this session you will be meeting with an academic advisor who will assist you in registering for classes for your major.
Program Admission Requirements
- Submit an FGCU Undergraduate Admission Application and satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- *Limited Access: Submit a Bower School of Music Supplemental Application by June 1 for fall admission and November 1 for spring admission.
- Audition on the student's primary instrument or voice, sight read, and take the music theory placement test.
- Attend an orientation session.
- Sign an Advising Agreement document.
*This means that students apply and are initially accepted into the University as a pre-music major student. A supplemental application and subsequent audition for acceptance into the music major are also required. Not all students who audition and meet the selection criteria are admitted into the limited access major. The selection process is very competitive and space is limited in each admission class.
Visit the Admissions Office Web site for information on admission deadlines.