General Requirements for a Minor
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Program Specific Information
Complete each of the following:
- CHM 1045C General Chemistry I (4) or CHM 1045 (3) and CHM 1045L (1)
- CHM 1046C General Chemistry II (4) or CHM 1046 (3) and CHM 1046L (1)
- CHM 2210C Organic Chemistry I (4) or CHM 2210 (3) and CHM 2210L (1)
- CHM 2211C Organic Chemistry II (4) or CHM 2211 (3) and CHM 2211L (1)
- CHM 3120C Analytical Chemistry (4)
Complete one of the following:
- BCH 3023C Biochemistry (3)
- CHM 3005C Phys Chem for Life Sciences (4)
- CHM 3410 Physical Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4139C Instrumental Analysis (4)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 23-24 HRS
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.