- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete each of the following:
- CHM 1045C General Chemistry I (4) or (CHM 1045 (3) and CHM 1045L (1))
- CHM 1046C General Chemistry II (4) or (CHM 1046 (3) and CHM 1046L (1))
- CHM 2210C Organic Chemistry I (4) or (CHM 2210 (3) and CHM 2210L (1))
- CHM 2211C Organic Chemistry II (4) or (CHM 2211 (3) and CHM 2211L (1))
Complete two of the following:
- BCH 3023C Biochemistry (3)*
- BCH 3025C Analytical Biochemistry (3)
- BCH 4033C Advanced Biochemistry I (4)*
- BCH 4034C Advanced Biochemistry II (4)
- CHM 3005C Phys Chem for Life Sciences (4)
- CHM 3120C Analytical Chemistry (4)
- CHM 4080C Advanced Environmental Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4139C Instrumental Analysis (4)
- CHM 4220 Advanced Organic Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4300 Bio-organic Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4610 Inorganic Chemistry (3) and CHM 4610L Inorganic Chemistry Lab (1)
- CHM 4671 Bioinorganic Chemistry (3)
- CHS 4544C Forensic Chemistry (3)
*Students may not count BOTH BCH 3023C and BCH 4033C towards the minor
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 22-24 HRS
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.