Robert Gregerson, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Biology
Support the mission and vision of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Oversee and manage the administrative structure of the College of Arts and Sciences in light of programmatic and student enrollment growth.
- Advocate for resource allocation commensurate with growth demands within the College, including fiscal, human, and physical resources.
- Develop an environment of continuous assessment and evidence-based decision-making. Quality assessment of academic programs and departments will lead to informed decision-making regarding budgeting, curriculum reform, new faculty line allocation, new academic program planning and departmental function.
- Work with CAS Leadership Team to oversee schedule development process that reviews class scheduling across general education, undergraduate and graduate programs to meet the needs of the growing student population.
- Provide communication linkage between the College of Arts and Sciences Leadership Team and faculty and the General Education Program Director.
- Support the expansion of undergraduate and graduate programs into new disciplines aligned with the college mission.
- Assess development and support of CAS Centers and Institutes. Formal centers and institutes include: Center for Environmental and Sustainability Education; Institute for Coastal Watershed Management; and Whitaker Center for Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Technology Education. Proposed Centers include: Center for Holocaust Studies.
- Lead and Manage Special College Initiatives through outreach to community agencies and donors.
Dean's University Service Commitments
- Deans Council Member
- Enrollment and Retention Management Committee Member
- Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee Member
Mary Ann Zager, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences and Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
- Oversight of all policy and procedure pertaining to grading and awarding of degrees: Petitions for late withdrawals; grade changes and the grade appeals process; and certification of graduation requirements
- Oversight of policy and procedure for registration issues
- Oversight of policy and procedure for transfer credit and articulation issues
- Coordination of transfer orientation procedures
- Coordination of CAS participation in recruitment events
Planning and Assessment
- Work with Chairs and Dean to update the College's long term assessment plan, including establishing long term goals, and to develop college goals on an annual basis
- Work with Faculty, Chairs, Dean, and Academic Affairs to complete the College Annual Report
- Work with Academic Affairs on evaluating the progress of the College towards meeting institutional goals and fulfilling the university mission
- Work with Budget Manager to complete the College's Budget Request, including establishing new faculty lines for the upcoming year
- Work with Chairs and Program Leaders on reviewing new program proposals, including Learning Goals, Integrated Program Matrices (IPMs), and Academic Learning Compacts (ALCs)
- Work with Faculty, Chairs, and Program Leaders on Biennial and Seven Year Program Reviews
- Liaison with department chairs and the Office of Academic Affairs to insure that all teaching faculty have appropriate credentials on file
Chuck Lindsey, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences and Associate Professor of Math
- Support the College of Arts and Sciences faculty governance system with shared faculty input in college decision-making. Continue to work with Governance Team on issues across student affairs, budgeting, space, strategic planning, peer review, and graduate and undergraduate curriculum teams.
- Work with Graduate Program Coordinators to develop graduate enrollment strategic plans for each program
- Collate program plans into college level plan
- Oversee planning and assessment of graduate programs, including coordinating resource requests
- Oversee implementation and allocation of tuition waivers and graduate assistantships
- Working with the CAS Graduate Affairs Team, oversee graduate faculty credentialing
Curriculum Development and Course Scheduling
- Liaison with the faculty in developing new curriculum program proposals and amending existing programs
- Revision of the College of Arts and Sciences portion of the FGCU catalog
- Oversight of the Liberal Studies degree program advising contracts
- Monitoring the State Course Numbering System changes
- Liaison with the CAS department chairs in developing the college-wide course schedules
Budget Manager, College of Arts and Sciences
- Provide fiscal management, contract management and administrative support to the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS)
- Formulate and implement fiscal policies and procedures for CAS
- Coordinate and prepare operating budgets for CAS
- Review expenditures for budgetary control
- Prepare budget reports for CAS Leadership meetings and meetings with Provost’s office
- Prepare annual budget projections and reports for CAS
- Manage the financial, personnel/payroll and purchasing operations for CAS
- Serve as liaison for Sponsored Programs
- Recommend internal operating policies and procedures for Contracts and Grants
- Provide support to other CAS units