- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete each of the following (16 hours):
- JOU 2100 Journalistic Writing (3)
- JOU 3201 News Editing (3)
- MMC 2604 News Literacy (3)
- MMC 2604L News Literacy Recitation (0)
- MMC 3020 Grammar (1)
- MMC 3125 News Reporting and Writing (3)
- MMC 4211 Media, Law and Ethics (3)
Choose one of the following (3 hours):
- MMC 3104 Writing for a Mass Audience (3)
- RTV 3301 Audio and Video Journalism (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 19 HRS
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.