- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete both of the following:
- BSC 2026 Human Sexuality (3)
- SYG 2220 Introduction to Gender Studies (3)
Complete nine credits from the following courses that have a gender focus:
- AMH 3561 Women in America to 1870 (3)
- AMH 3562 Women in America since 1870 (3)
- AML 4624 Literature by Women of Color (3)
- CCJ 4663 Female Crime (3)
- CCJ 4681 Domestic Violence (3)
- COM 3014 Communication and Gender (3)
- EUH 4610 Women and Family in the Middle Ages (3)
- HIS 3938 Issues in Interdisciplinary History (3)
- LIT 3301 Cultural Studies and Popular Arts (3)
- LIT 4493 Politics and Literature (3)
- LIT 4853 Topics in Cultural Critique (3)
- PHM 3101 Philosophies of Hman Liberation (3)
- PHM 4123 Feminist Philosophy (3)
- POS 4072 Women in Politics and Government (3)
- SOP 4777 Psychology of Human Sexuality (3)
- SOW 4194 Inter-relational Violence (3)
- SOW 4274 International Social Work (3)
- SYD 3800 Sociology of Gender (3)
- SYD 4020 Global Population (3)
- SYO 3120 Sociology of Marriage and Family (3)
- SYO 3530 Social Stratification (3)
- THE 2430 Perform Arts-Culturally Diverse Society (3)
- WOH 3221 Women and Gender in World History (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 15 HRS
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.