Medieval & Early Modern Studies Minor
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete two courses (6 hours) of the following:
- ARH 2050 History of the Visual Arts I (3)
- ENL 2012 British Literature and Culture I (3)
- EUH 2021 Medieval European History (3)
- LIT 2110 Intro to World Literature and Culture I (3)
Complete four courses (12 hours) of the following:
- ARH 3200 Medieval Art (3)
- ARH 3301 Renaissance and Baroque Art (3)
- ENL 3210 Anglo Saxon and Medieval Lit (3)
- ENL 3220 Renaissance Literature and Culture (3)
- ENL 3323 Shakespeare Survey (3)
- ENL 4191 The English Epic (3)
- ENL 4218 Medieval British Romance (3)
- ENL 4295 Literature of the Plague (3)
- ENL 4338 Shakespeare and Elizabethan Culture (3)
- EUH 3121 Fall of the Roman Empire and Barbarian Kingdoms (3)
- EUH 3122 High and Later Middle Ages (3)
- EUH 3142 Renaissance and Reformation (3)
- EUH 4124 The Crusades (3)
- EUH 4180 Medieval Heresy and Inquisition (3)
- EUH 4610 Women and Family in the Middle Ages (3)
- LIT 3374 Literature of the Bible (3)
- LIT 3662 Literature of Conquest and Exploration (3)
- PHH 3050 Philosophy History Text Methods (3)
- PHI 3720 Faith and Reason (3)
- REL 3213 Hebrew Bible (3)
- REL 3241 New Testament (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.