Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Note: The minimum GRE entrance exam scores listed below are for the GRE taken prior to August 1, 2011. For information about the minimum revised GRE scores (taken after August 1, 2011), please contact the Graduate Studies Office at (239) 590-7988 or email@example.com.
Program Admission Requirements
- A cover letter of introduction including a statement of academic goals, career goals, and research interests.
- A four year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
- Official copies of undergraduate transcripts and scores from the General Graduate Record Examination (GRE). GRE subject exam is not required. A minimum of 400 on each of the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE and a combined minimum score of 1000. Interquartile scores on the GRE for students recently admitted to the program are available at: http://www.fgcu.edu/CAS/EnvStudiesMA/.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) for international students from countries where English is not the primary language.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 semester hours of upper division undergraduate coursework or graduate coursework up to a maximum of the last 60 hours of coursework.
- At least three letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant's academic and research potential.
- Completion of the following:
- One course in General Biology lab
- One environmental science course, e.g. Environmental Chemistry or Geology
- One course in Environmental Policy, or related professional experience