Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or email@example.com for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Program Admission Requirements
- A cover letter of introduction including a statement of academic goals, career goals, and research interests.
- A four year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
- Official copies of undergraduate transcripts and scores from the General Graduate Record Examination (GRE). GRE subject exam is not required. A minimum of 400 on each of the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE and a combined minimum score of 1000. Interquartile scores on the GRE for students recently admitted to the program are available at: http://www.fgcu.edu/CAS/EnvStudiesMA/.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) for international students from countries where English is not the primary language.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 semester hours of upper division undergraduate coursework or graduate coursework up to a maximum of the last 60 hours of coursework.
- At least three letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant's academic and research potential.
- Completion of the following:
- One course in General Biology lab
- One environmental science course, e.g. Environmental Chemistry or Geology
- One course in Environmental Policy, or related professional experience