Graduates of the program will:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytic skills in public administration
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate and apply public administration perspectives to an understanding of public problems
- Demonstrate the potential for future growth in public leadership and management
- Demonstrate skills in decision making and problem solving, as well as an ability to participate in and contribute to the policy process
- Demonstrate a capacity for continuing learning and professional growth in public administration
Student Learning outcomes are assessed at the college and departmental levels through case studies, interview assignments, and written work assigned in the following courses: PAD 6961 MPA Capstone Seminar, and PAD 6417 Public Personnel Administration.