Philosophy majors are not eligible for the minor in Philosophy.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete 15 hours from the following:
Any 1000-4999 level course with the prefixes PHH, PHI, PHM, or PHP
A minimum of 12 credits must be at the 3000-4999 level.
A student has the option of counting one course from the following list:
- EVR 3020 Environmental Philosophies (3)
- LIT 4213 Literary Theory (3)
- MAN 2062 Ethical Issues (3)
- POT 3003 Political Theory (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 15 HRS
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.