Section 508 Website Accessibility

Certain documents on this site are available as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. PDF content requires Adobe’s Acrobat Reader and can be downloaded by visiting

The University encourages anyone needing assistance in accessing content found on the University’s website to contact the FGCU office or department that maintains the webpage. For an accessible version of PDF material, please contact FGCU Adaptive Services at or by calling 239 590-7956.

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
College of Arts and Sciences

College of Arts and Sciences

Faculty Forms


Course Grading Issues

  • Grade Appeal: Students may appeal their final grade if they believe the grade resulted from an instructor’s:

    • Alleged deviation from established and announced grading policy;
    • Alleged errors in application of grading procedures;
    • Alleged lowering of grades for non-academic reasons.

Detailed policy is available here:

Faculty are responsible to meet with the student (in person, via telephone, or email) to hear their concern and decide whether grade change is warranted. Faculty are also responsible for notifying student in writing (email is fine) with a summary of the student’s reasons for the grade change, the Faculty's decision regarding the grade, and justification for that decision. Faculty should copy the Department Chair the email. The Department Chair then has 10 days from the date of the Faculty's email to attempt to resolve the issue. After the Chair has made a decision, the Chair will email the Faculty member, student and Associate Dean of Student Affairs with the decision.

  • Incomplete Grades and form: Incomplete grades are assigned at the request of the student and by the sole discretion of the instructor of record. Generally, an incomplete is assigned if the student has completed and is passing at least 50% of the work in the course. The instructor assigning the incomplete is responsible for supervising the completion of the course (the student does not register for the course again to complete the work). When the student has submitted the completed work, the instructor of record completes a Cange of Grade form (see below) and submits it to the CAS Dean’s Office.

The incomplete grade form is used by the instructor of record to create a contract between themselves and their student regarding the completion of work. The instructor of record may communicate to the student all of the information in this form in an email instead of using the form, but when assigning an incomplete the instructor must communicate the expectations for completion to the student in writing. Incompletes must be completed within one year of the term in which they are assigned (or by the date specified on the Incomplete Grade Form, whichever is earlier). If the grade is not changed to a final grade for the course, it will automatically be converted into an F after 3 semesters.

  • Entering Grades into Gulfline: All final grades are to be entered into Gulfline. If a Faculty member needs to assign an “F” or “I” grade as the final grade, the Faculty must type in a final day of attendance for the student in question or the grades (complete roster) will not roll to history. Faculty should check rosters closely when entering grades; after submitting the page of grades you will receive a message above the roster that indicates that your grade changes were saved successfully or that your changes were NOT changed (this is usually due to an error in inputting the date of last attendance for "I" or "F" grades).

If Faculty do not successfully save each page of grades on the roster (only 25 students on each page, so there may be multiple pages), “Non-recorded Grades” (NRs) will be assigned to each student in the class after the grades have rolled to history, and the Faculty will then need to fill out a Change of Grade form for each student. Please see the Department Secretaries for assistance with these forms. NR grades are not euqivalent to incomplete grades. These grades will automatically converts to an "F" after one semester.

  • Change of Grade: Change of Grade forms are available through each Departments’ secretaries. These forms cannot be scanned, emailed or copied as each form is individually numbered and audited. A Change of Grade must be completed for each individual student whose grade needs to be altered. Standard grades (A-F) must be changed within one semester of the course being offered (Summer A, B, & C all count as the same one semester).

Course Scheduling

If you are a Department Chair, Director, or Program Leader, you may be responsible for creating course schedules. Department Chairs/ School Directors are responsible for collecting all schedules from their Department/ School to review those for accuracy, and to ensure that the schedule meets identified student needs.

Program leaders, please submit your schedule to the Department Chair/ Director a few days prior to the ORR deadline so your Chair/ Director can send your schedule to ORR with the rest of the schedules. The due date for course schedules is posted on the Academic Calendar for each semester:

When creating the course schedule, please be sure to use the most current template. Please click here for the most recent template. Also, if there is a question regarding room cap, you can review the room restrictions/cap by clicking here.

Please be sure that you submit the schedule with each section in an approved course time slot found in the file found here. Note that there are several tabs in this spreadsheet, choose the tab that matches the number of credits the course meeting time corresponds to. For example, 150 minutes in class per week = 3 credit time slot three times per week or 3 credit time slot two times per week; 165 minutes = 3 credit time slot meeting once per week as there are 15 minutes for break in the once per week time slots; 200 minutes per week = 4 credit time slot meeting twice per week, etc. 1 credit “L” section should use the 3 credit hour tab as a reference, 3 credit “C” courses should use the 5 credit hour tab and 4 credit “C” courses should use the 6 credit hour tab.

If you need to offer something outside of the standard time slots, you must submit a variance request with your schedule. Please click here for the variance form. After the form is completed and signed by the Department Chair/ Director and Associate Dean, scan form and send to ORR with schedule.

Student Affairs Case Manager

Our case manager, Lauren Strunk, helps students navigate the complexities of college life. If you want to speak to her about a student, call (239) 590-1866. If you are concerned for a student’s academic, emotional, or physical welfare, you can also report this to her office online using the form here:

Withdrawing from a course/term:

Drop/Term Withdrawal forms: These forms are for when a student needs to drop a class or withdraw from the entire semester after the first day of classes. These forms will only be valid for the student to use up until the last day to withdraw from each semester.

    • Add/Drop form (used during registration and 1st week of classes)

    • Withdrawal form (used to drop 1 or more classes after the 1st week of classes, before the last day to drop without penalty)

    • Term Withdrawal form (used to withdraw from ALL classes after 1st week of classes, before the last day to drop without penalty)

  • Appeal for Late Withdrawal: This form is used for appealing to withdraw from one or more classes that were taken in the College of Arts and Sciences. These appeals are for extenuating circumstances which prevented the student from dropping the course by the deadline per the Academic Calendar.

  • Medical Withdrawal form: This form is for a student who is experiencing medical difficulties and needs to withdraw from ALL courses from the term due to medical reasons after the last day to withdraw has passed. The contact person for this is Lauren Strunk, Ph. 239-590-1866 or email

Other Academic Student forms:

  • Internship/Directed Studies: All Internships and Directed Studies must be approved by either the Program Leader/Coordinator or Department Chair.

  • Student Conduct: All questions regarding confrontational or disruptive student issues should be directed to the Dean of Student’s Office.

  •  Student of the Year Award: CAS Faculty nominate candidates for the CAS Student of the Year for both Graduate and Undergraduate students. The awards seek to recognize the students’ overall achievement through the demonstration of excellence in leadership, scholarship, and service to the FGCU College of Arts & Sciences and to the community.