Section 508 Website Accessibility

Certain documents on this site are available as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. PDF content requires Adobe?s Acrobat Reader and can be downloaded by visiting

The University encourages anyone needing assistance in accessing content found on the University?s website to contact the FGCU office or department that maintains the webpage. For an accessible version of PDF material, please contact FGCU Adaptive Services at or by calling 239 590-7956.

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
College of Health Professions & Social Work Advising

College of Health Professions & Social Work Advising

Transfer Students


Florida Gulf Coast University considers a student to be a transfer applicant if they:

  • Have a high school diploma from a regionally accredited high school or GED and have completed at least 12 semester hours of transferable college credit after graduation from high school, but have not completed their bachelor’s degree.
  • High School students who are taking dual enrollment courses, should apply using the Freshman (First Time in College) application, unless you plan to complete 12 or more semester hours of college coursework after you graduate from high school. We will still consider your college coursework for transfer credit, so please have your college transcripts sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Florida Gulf Coast University separates transfer student types into 2 different categories due to the difference in admission criteria. Those 2 types are Lower Level Transfer and, Upper Level Transfer applicants.  The differences are explained on the Transfer Admission Requirements page.

Please read each category to help you decide which application process you should follow. Failure to do so may cause delay in application processing.

Visit the FloridaShines website to access helpful transfer resources.