Program Requirements for 2014-2015 Catalog Year
Program Core (12 hrs)
Required courses in the major:
- IHS 5508 Statistical Analysis for the Health Professions (3)
- IHS 6112 Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Care (3)
- IHS 6500 Research in the Health Professions (3)
- IHS 6939 Health Policy Capstone Seminar (3)
- Electives in the Major (3-6 hrs)
- Select one of the following:
- HSC 6911 Health Professions Capstone Project (3)
- HSA 6942 Internship in Health Services Admin. (3)
- HSC 6943 Internship in Health Prof. Education (3)
- Concentration Requirements (18-21 hrs)
- Select one of the following concentrations:
- Health Professions Education Concentration
- Required courses (15 hr):
- HSC 5260 Teaching Methods for the Health Professions (3)
- HSC 5268 Health Professions Faculty Roles & Responsibilities (3)
- HSC 6236 Client Education in the Health Professions (3)
- HSC 6258 Curriculum Development in Health Professions Education (3)
- HSC 6715 Educational Measurement & Evaluation in the Health Professions (3)
- Select 6 hours from the following:
- HSC 6905 Directed Study in Health Professions Education (1-6)
- HSC 69352 Topics in Health Professions Education (1-6)
- Or other courses as approved by the advisor.
2Course can be repeated under different topics.
- Health Services Administration Concentration
- Required courses (21 hrs):
- HSA 5115 Health Services Management and Operations (3)
- HSA 6155 Health Policies and Economic Issues in Health Services Organizations (3)
- HSA 6179 Models of Financial Management in Health Care (3)
- HSA 6198 Informatics and Health Management Information Systems (3)
- HSA 6342 Human Resource Management for Health Care Managers (3)
- HSA 6385 Planning, Evaluation, and Quality Management (3)
- HSA 6520 Managerial Epidemiology (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 36 HRS
Additional Graduation Requirements
- Apply for graduation by deadline indicated in the university calendar.
- Earn a minimum of 36 credit hours with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Earn a grade of C or better in each course. A grade of C minus (C-) is considered less than a C.
- Refer to the Health Science Student Guidebook for further information on progression standards (available at http://www.fgcu.edu/CHP/HS/currentstudents.html )