Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 15
Interviews for applicants will be held during the months of JUNE and JULY.
The School of Nursing has a selective competitive admission process. Not all qualified applicants may be admitted to the program.
Applicant Instructions: PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE BOTH APPLICATIONS.
Supplemental School of Nursing Application: Apply to the School of Nursing by completing a supplemental application for admission in NursingCAS, a centralized application system for nursing programs, http://www.nursingcas.org/ .
- In NursingCAS, provide unofficial transcript(s) for all colleges and universities attended, including a bachelor’s degree transcript from a CCNE or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) nursing program and a regionally accredited institution, or the equivalent bachelor's degree in a nursing program from a foreign institution.
- Show evidence of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Provide copy of an unrestricted Florida RN license, or eligibility for the RN licensure in Florida.
- Provide evidence of a minimum of one year of current practice experience as a registered nurse in a critical care setting, as defined by the COA.
- Provide a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Provide personal statement of professional goals in 300 to 350 words.
- Show completion of the following undergraduate level nursing courses with a grade of "C" or above: Health Assessment, Statistics, and two chemistry courses (one with a lab).
- Three references, one from the applicant's supervisor, one from the applicant's academic faculty, and one from a registered nurse, CRNA, or physician familiar with the applicant's professional expertise. The forms are available at the links below:
- Provide a copy of Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores, taken within last 5 years, with minimum combined score of 1000 on verbal and quantitative sections or equivalent score using revised GRE. Analytical score must also be reported.
- Students who have matriculated at another nurse anesthesia program must be in good standing, and must submit transcripts and a letter from their Program Administrator, along with other supporting documents.
- Admissions interview by invitation from the Nurse Anesthesia Admissions Committee.
Download Applicant's Academic Faculty Evaluation
Download Applicant's Supervisor Evaluation
Download Applicant’s RN, CRNA or Physician Evaluation Form
FGCU Graduate Application for Admission: Apply to the University through the Office of Graduate Studies: http://www.fgcu.edu/graduate/
- Provide the Office of Graduate Admissions with official transcript(s) for all colleges and universities attended, including a transcript showing the award of a BSN from a CCNE or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) nursing program and a regionally accredited institution, or the equivalent bachelor's degree in a nursing program from a foreign institution.
- Provide evidence of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Provide Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores, taken within last 5 years, with minimum combined score of 1000 on verbal and quantitative sections or equivalent score using revised GRE. Analytical score must also be reported.
Note: ACLS, BLS, and PALS are not required for application to the program but are required to have been completed before the student begins the program. All students must maintain current RN licensure, ACLS, BLS, and PALS while in the program. All students must complete level one and two background checks and drug and alcohol screening prior to formal admission to the program. Additionally, further background checks and drug screening may be required during the program. Details on these procedures will be given after applicants are interviewed and conditionally accepted.