Admissions Information for 2014-2015 Catalog Year
If you are not yet an FGCU student, visit the Admissions Office Website
If you are a newly-admitted FGCU student please be sure to sign up for an Eagle View Orientation session. As part of this session you will be meeting with an academic advisor who will assist you in registering for classes for your major.
Program Admission Requirements
- Submit a FGCU Application for Admission and satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- Submit a completed School of Nursing supplemental application form. This is a .PDF file.
- Have and maintain, prior to full admission, a minimum overall GPA of at least 3.0 on all coursework attempted. Please Note: If the FGCU Degree Works audit shows a transfer GPA, it may not include grades for all courses at all institutions during your academic career. The School of Nursing calculates the transfer GPA for BSN admission purposes using all grades.
- Complete common prerequisites for nursing, with a grade of C or higher. Students who have not completed all required coursework at the time of application must include a plan for completion of the course(s) as part of the supplemental application. A final transcript documenting successful completion of the course(s) must be submitted to Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete a minimum of two natural science common prerequisites prior to the application deadline (Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab is one of the two natural sciences required).
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills Test (TEAS) prior to BSN supplemental application deadline, with scores calculated for BSN program applicants.
- Applicants who have attended, but not completed, another BSN registered nursing program must provide a letter of good standing from the Dean of the School of Nursing (or designee) that addresses the following: potential for success in a BSN program, safety in providing nursing care, interpersonal communication skills, and other information the director deems important. BSN applicants from an accredited baccalaureate BSN program must also submit course syllabi and topical outlines for all nursing courses.
Visit the Admissions Office Web site for information on admission deadlines of the university.
The School of Nursing BSN Supplemental Application for Fall 2015 will be available December 1, 2014.
The BSN Supplemental Application is administered by the School of Nursing. The BSN program is a limited-access, full-time program.
- Students may request an application via email at email@example.com as early as 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the application window. Applications will be emailed only during university business hours, Monday - Friday.
- The School of Nursing accepts applications only during the application cycles noted below.
The School of Nursing accepts applications only during the application cycles noted below. All application materials must be submitted within the published application cycle for each respective start semester.
Fall Admission - December 15 - February 1
Spring Admission - April 25 - May 15
Please note: Decisions will not be made until 8-10 weeks after the application deadline.
To apply to the BSN program a student must be admitted to FGCU. Please plan in advance as the admission process to the university may last up to 8 weeks.
For information regarding the TEAS exam, please visit the FGCU Testing and Assessment website at:
To register for the TEAS test, please contact the UniversityTesting Center at (239) 590-7955.
Costs - In State and Out of State