Admissions Information for 2015-2016 Catalog Year
Click here: Sample BSN Program Curriculum Map - Four Year Plan
If you are not yet an FGCU student, visit the Admissions Office Website
If you are a newly-admitted FGCU student please be sure to sign up for an Eagle View Orientation session. As part of this session you will be meeting with an academic advisor who will assist you in registering for classes for your major.
Program Admission Requirements
- Submit a FGCU Application for Admission and satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- Submit a completed School of Nursing supplemental application form.
- Have and maintain, prior to full admission, a minimum overall GPA of at least 3.0 on all coursework attempted. Please Note: If the FGCU Degree Works audit shows a transfer GPA, it may not include grades for all courses at all institutions during your academic career. The School of Nursing calculates the transfer GPA for BSN admission purposes using all grades.
- Complete common prerequisites for nursing, with a grade of C or higher. Students who have not completed all required coursework at the time of application must include a plan for completion of the course(s) as part of the supplemental application. A final transcript documenting successful completion of the course(s) must be submitted to Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete a minimum of two natural science common prerequisites prior to the application deadline (Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab is one of the two natural sciences required). Beginning Fall 2016, complete Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab and Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab prior to the application deadline.
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills Test (TEAS) prior to BSN supplemental application deadline, with scores calculated for BSN program applicants.
- Applicants who have attended, but not completed, another BSN registered nursing program must provide a letter of good standing from the Dean of the School of Nursing (or designee) that addresses the following: potential for success in a BSN program, safety in providing nursing care, interpersonal communication skills, and other information the director deems important. BSN applicants from an accredited baccalaureate BSN program must also submit course syllabi and topical outlines for all nursing courses to be evaluated for nursing equivalency.
Visit the Admissions Office Web site for information on admission deadlines of the university.
The School of Nursing BSN Supplemental Application is administered by the School of Nursing.
- For your information the BSN program is a limited-access, full-time program.
A student must be admitted to FGCU to apply to the BSN Program. Please plan in advance as the admission process to the university may last up to 8-12 weeks.
Supplemental application for the BSN program may accessed through NursingCAS, a centralized application system for nursing programs, www.nursingcas.org. Applicants should be prepared to pay an application fee of $45. The application for admission is only available during the application cycles stated below.
For information regarding the TEAS exam, visit the FGCU Testing and Assessment website at: testing.fgcu.edu.
To register for the TEAS test, please contact the University Testing Center at (239) 590-7955.
- Decisions will not be made until 8-12 weeks after the application deadline.
- The School of Nursing accepts applications only during the application cycles noted below:
Fall Admission - December 15 - February 1
Spring Admission - April 25 - May 15
The next admission opportunity will be Fall 2016.