Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Note: The minimum GRE entrance exam scores listed below are for the GRE taken prior to August 1, 2011. Minimum scores are not yet available for the Revised GRE (taken after August 1, 2011).
Applications for fall admission are due to the Graduate Admissions office by April 15.
Program Admission Requirements
- Submit a FGCU graduate application and satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- Provide an official academic transcript showing the award of a BSN from a nationally accredited nursing program.
- Provide Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores, taken within last 5 years, with minimum combined score of 1000 on verbal and quantitative sections or equivalent score using revised GRE. Analytical score must also be reported; or the Miller's Analogy Test (MAT) score of 400 or above, taken within last five years.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete following with a grade of C or above:
- Statistics course.
- Health assessment course.
- Provide evidence of current and unrestricted registration as a registered nurse with eligibility for Florida RN licensure.
- Provide evidence of a minimum one year current practice experience as a registered nurse.
- Submit a current resume and statement of career goals.
- For applicants who have attended, but not completed another MSN program, must be in good standing and provide a letter of support from the dean of the school of nursing (or designee) that addresses the following:
- Potential for success in a MSN program.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Other information as determined by the dean.
Applicants must also provide a waiver granting the Graduate Admission and Progression Committee permission to contact the program(s) attended to verify information.
Costs - In State and Out of State