The application deadline is February 1. Application materials are available from the links below. Admission to the program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program. Applicants pursuing a baccalaureate degree through the FGCU College of Health Professions and Social Work, who have completed 27 credit hours of prerequisite requirements for the master's program and who have met all other admissions requirements, will be eligible to apply for early admission decision with an application deadline of January 18.
Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or email@example.com for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Note: The minimum GRE entrance exam scores listed below are for the GRE taken prior to August 1, 2011. Minimum scores are not yet available for the Revised GRE (taken after August 1, 2011).
Program Admission Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree in any field. An official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university should be submitted; degree may be pending completion at time of application.
- Baccalaureate GPA of 3.0 or better.
- GPA of 3.0 or better in prerequisite courses (listed below).
- Completed Documentation of Volunteer/Work Experience form documenting at least 10 hours of volunteer, work, or shadowing experience in at least two (2) OT practice environments in accordance with Guidelines for Volunteer/Work Experiences.
- A competitive Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the last 5 years, analytical writing scores must also be reported.
- Completed Graduate Studies application and a completed Department of Occupational Therapy and Community Health Supplemental Application.
- Personal statement in accordance with Personal Statement Guidelines.
- Interview (arranged by invitation when all other application materials have been received and reviewed).
- The following prerequisite courses or the equivalent must be completed with a grade of C or better (a grade of C- or less is not acceptable). Students may complete some prerequisites in the summer session after acceptance into the program but before beginning the graduate level of study. Courses noted in parentheses are FGCU courses that meet the requirement:
- Two courses in human anatomy & physiology w/lab (BSC 1085C & BSC 1086C)
- Any abnormal psychology or psychopathology course (CLP 3140)
- Any lifespan human development course (DEP 2004)
- Research course with health professions or behavioral research focus (IHS 4504)
- Any musculoskeletal anatomy course w/lab (OTH 3417C)
- Any neuroanatomy/neurophysiology course (OTH 3429C)
- Any introductory physics or qualified physical science course (PHY 2020, PHY 2048C or PHY 2053C)
- Any general psychology course (PSY 2012)
- Any statistics course (STA 2023 or STA 2037)
- Any sociology or anthropology course with a multicultural theme (SYG 2000, SYG 2010, SYG 2250, ANT 2000, or ANT 2410)
Costs - In State and Out of State