Admissions Information for 2013-2014 Catalog Year
The Athletic Training Education Program Supplemental Application is available. Please remember that only COMPLETE applications will be accepted. The deadline for application is February 1, 2013.
Athletic Training Education Program Application
Hepatitis B Waiver Form for Athletic Training Education Program
If you are not yet an FGCU student, visit the Admissions Office Website
If you are a newly-admitted FGCU student please be sure to sign up for an Orientation session. As part of this session you will be meeting with an academic advisor who will assist you in registering for classes for your major.
Program Admission Requirements
The Athletic Training Program conducts a competitive admissions process for this major. All applicants who meet the minimum admission requirements listed below may not be admitted into the program. Application forms are available from the Department of Physical Therapy and Human Performance or on the Athletic Training Program website. All application materials must be received by February 1st of the year in which entry is sought. Application materials received after February 1st will be considered on a space-available basis. Admission decisions are made based on materials and coursework completed at the time of the application.
- Submit FGCU Undergraduate Admission Application and satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- Submit supplemental application materials.
- At time of admission into the major, all prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better (a grade of C- or less is not acceptable).
- At time of application to the major, 17 hours of prerequisite course work must be completed. The common prerequisite courses are:
- BSC 1010C General Biology w/Lab (4)
- BSC 1085C Human Anatomy and Physiology I w/Lab (4)
- BSC 1086C Human Anatomy and Physiology II w/Lab (4)
- HSC 2577 Human Nutrition (3)
- PHY 2053C College Physics I w/Lab (4)
- PSY 2012 General Psychology (3)
- STA 2023 Statistics (3)
- Grade point average calculated for all prerequisite courses of at least 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A minimum grade point average of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale) for the most recent 30 college credit hours.
- Complete a criminal background check.
Visit the Admissions Office Web site for information on admission deadlines.