Athletic Training - the Profession
Certified Athletic Trainers are medical professionals who specialize in the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to athletes an others who are engaged in everyday physical activities.
Athletic Trainers are recognized as Allied Health Care Providers by the American Medical Association.
Athletic Training Practice Domains.
- Injury/Illness Prevention and Wellness Protection
- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis
- Immediate and Emergency Care
- Treatment and Rehabilitation
- Organization and Administration
Employers of Athletic Training Services
- Professional & Collegiate Sports
- Secondary & Intermediate Schools
- Sports medicine clinics
- Hospital ER & rehab clinics
- Occupational settings
- Fitness centers