Admissions Information for 2014-2015 Catalog Year
If you are not yet an FGCU student, visit the Admissions Office Website
If you are a newly-admitted FGCU student please be sure to sign up for an Eagle View Orientation session. As part of this session you will be meeting with an academic advisor who will assist you in registering for classes for your major.
Program Admission Requirements
- Submit a FGCU Undergraduate Admission Application and satisfy applicable university admission requirements or be a current FGCU student.
- Supplemental applications for the Exercise Science program must be received by February 1st for priority consideration. The application deadline is May 15th. Applications recieved after May 15th will be reviewed at a later date. Class availability may be limited.
- Exercise Science Application Checklist
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended (except FGCU) submitted with application (only original, unopened transcripts will be considered official and is in addition to transcripts submitted for admission to FGCU)
- Complete an Exercise Science Program Portfolio, which includes the following:
- Responses to Section 2 and Section 3 on the Exercise Science Portfolio Development Guidelines
- Submit the following Exercise Science Application Materials:
- Exercise Science Technical Standards Signature form (signed by physician)
- Physical Exam Form (signed by physician)
- Present and Future Coursework Planning Sheet
- Prerequisite GPA Calculation Sheet
- Course Equivalent Substitution Form (if applicable)
- Proof of completion of Immunization Requirements
- Complete a level II background check by August 1st.
- At time of application to the program, the following courses must be completed: BSC 1010C or BSC 1010 and BSC 1010L or approved substitute; BSC 1085C or approved substitute; CHM 1045C or CHM 1045 and CHM 1045L or approved substitute; two additional courses from the list of common prerequisites or approved substitutes below.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the summer term in which application is received.
- Earn a grade of C or better (a grade of C- or less is not acceptable) in each prerequisite course.
- Earn a minimum combined GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) for all prerequisite courses.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale) for the most recent 30 college credit hours.
Visit the Admissions Office Web site for information on admission deadlines of the university.