FGCU Florida Institute of Government Presents
"Writing Effective Meeting Minutes" Workshop
WHO FGCU Florida Institute of Government, for managers and employees from both the private and public sectors
WHAT "Writing Effective Meeting Minutes" full-day workshop from the Florida Institute of Government's Communication and Interpersonal Skills Programs. Meeting minutes are no longer designed to track nuances of discussions but to focus on reporting who did what. Participants learn timesaving techniques for capturing the right type and amount of information, and practical tools to produce minutes that are useful, high-impact, concise and professional. Jim Jacoby is instructor for the course.
WHEN 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 16
WHY To learn how to:
· Improve the accuracy and quality of meeting minutes
· Capture accurately the key points and details of discussions, no matter how rambling the meeting
· Transcribe notes into a reader-friendly usable form
· Select the formats that are most appropriate for particular types of meetings
· Write in "plain language"
· Project an organized, competent, professional image in written minutes
CONTACT Joanne Hartke at (239) 590-7815 or firstname.lastname@example.org