Program Admission Requirements
No new students are being accepted at this time.
- Students must meet with a college advisor or declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on thier academic transcript must note the minor on the Application for Graduation.
Complete the following:
- BSC 1051C Environmental Biology (3)
- OCE 1001C Marine Systems (3)
- ANT 2040C Foundations in Museum Studies (3)
- EVR 4423 Teaching and Learning in the Outdoors (1)
- EVR 4424 National Curricula in Environmental Education (1)
- EVR 4425 Communication and Social Media in Environmental Education (1)
- EVR 4914 Interpreting the Environment (3)
- EVR 4924 Environmental Education (3)
Complete six hours from the following:
- ANT 2410 Cultural Anthropology (3)
- BSC 3303 Biogeography (3)
- CRW 2732 Intro to Nature Writing (3)
- EVR 2861 Introduction to Environmental Policy (3)
- EVR 3025 Cultural Ecology (3)
- EVR 4026 Human Ecology and Systems (3)
- HUM 2395 Environmental Humanities (3)
- IDS 3332 Issues in Culture and Society (3)
- SPC 3543 Ecological Communication (3)
A maximum of one course from the following group may be used as an elective (but none is required):
- BOT 2800 Plants and Society (3)
- BOT 3153 Flora of SW Florida (3)
- ZOO 3205C Invertebrate Zoology (3)
- ZOO 3713C Vertebrate Form and Function (3)
- ZOO 4272C Ornithology (3)
- ZOO 4422C Herpetology (3)
- ZOO 4454C Ichthyology (3)
- ZOO 4480C Mammalogy (3)
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 21
Back to Previous Page