Applicants to graduate degree programs or post-baccalaureate professional programs are required to meet minimum University admission requirements. Individual programs may set additional criteria or more selective requirements and may be limited by space or other considerations. Consequently, meeting minimum University admission requirements does not guarantee admission to a particular program.
Please refer to the appropriate academic program section of this catalog or contact the Office of Graduate Studies or the college/program regarding additional admission requirements.
Minimum University Admission Requirements
In order to be considered for admission to a graduate program at FGCU, an applicant must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent foreign institution.
- Present an official standardized admission test score, if required. (Refer to the college/program description for approved standardized tests.); and
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- An applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of the baccalaureate degree. No entrance exam is required unless the GPA is less than 3.0.* If the GPA is less than 3.0, then the applicant must have a minimum score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) set at the program level; or
- A graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent foreign institution, unless the program specifically requires the GRE, GMAT, or MAT.**
- All graduate applicants must indicate whether or not Florida residency is claimed.
* Please note that this information refers to the 'Minimum University Admission Requirements'. The majority of FGCU graduate programs require a standardized exam. Please refer to the program specific admission requirements for exam requirements.
** Fewer than half of FGCU graduate programs waive the exam requirement for applicants with graduate degrees. Please refer to the program specific admission requirements for exam requirements.