The M.A. in Educational Leadership program for students not seeking Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) certification. This program is designed for students who are seeking a career in educational leadership in non k-12 school settings. Students typically work in educational or training divisions in business, healthcare, public service institutions. This program is composed of the program core, plus 12 elective credits from other program areas approved by faculty advisors. These electives may be taken from inside or outside the College of Education.
Program Admission Requirements
See program website at URL listed above.
- Required Courses in the Major (27 hrs)
- EDA 6192 Organizational Development (3)
- EDA 6232 School Law (3)
- EDA 6242 School Finance (3)
- EDA 6945 Internship in Educational Leadership (3)
- EDA 6946 Internship in Educational Leadership II (3)
- EDF 6481 Foundations of Educational Research (3)
- EDG 6627 Foundations of Curriculum & Instruction (3)
- EDS 6050 Human Resources Development (3)
- EME 6425 Technology for School Leaders (3)
- Restricted Electives (12 hrs)
Select 12 hours of electives at the 5000 level or above from inside or outside the College of Education, as approved by the advisor.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 39 HRS
Additional Graduation Requirements
- Students must satisfactorily complete 39 credit hours specified by the graduate degree program.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all coursework in program.
- Final program completion is assessed through portfolio assessment.
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
The College of Education limits the transfer of coursework into its graduate programs to a maximum of 12 credits or three courses. To be considered, courses must have been completed with a minimum grade of B and no more than seven years prior to the date of entry into the graduate program and no more than ten years prior to graduation from the graduate program.
Back to Previous Page