The M.A. in Educational Leadership program for students not seeking certification. This program is designed for students who are seeking a career in educational leadership in non k-12 school settings. Students typically work in educational or training divisions in business, healthcare, public service institutions. This program is composed of the program core, plus 12 elective credits from other program areas approved by faculty advisors. These electives may be taken from inside or outside the College of Education.
Program Admission Requirements
This program prepares students for leadership positions in fields outside of k-12 education in which education is a major component of the career field, such as higher education or corporate training.
- A four year undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Any one of the following:
- a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours attempted accruing to the undergraduate degree; or
- a combined score of 1000 or higher on the quantitative and verbal sections of the GRE exam; or
- a 400 or higher on the MAT; or
- a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Note: All applicants must submit GPA and graduate admission (GRE or MAT) test scores regardless of which of the above criteria are met for admissions.
- Submission of three favorable recommendations from professionals in the field on professional letterhead stationery.
- Performance in courses taken post baccalaureate will be taken into consideration for admission to the College of Education Graduate Programs.
- Required Courses in the Major (27 hrs)
- EDA 6192 Organizational Development (3)
- EDA 6232 School Law (3)
- EDA 6242 School Finance (3)
- EDA 6945 Internship in Educational Leadership (6)
- EDF 6481 Foundations of Educational Research (3)
- EDG 6627 Foundations of Curriculum & Instruction (3)
- EDS 6050 Human Resources Development (3)
- EME 6425 Technology for School Leaders (3)
- Restricted Electives (12 hrs)
Select 12 hours of electives at the 5000 level or above from inside or outside the College of Education, as approved by the advisor.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 39 HRS
Additional Graduation Requirements
- Students must satisfactorily complete 39 credit hours specified by the graduate degree program.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all coursework in program.
- Final program completion is assessed through portfolio assessment.
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
The College of Education limits the transfer of coursework into its graduate programs to a maximum of 12 credits or three courses. To be considered, courses must have been completed with a minimum grade of B and no more than seven years prior to the date of entry into the graduate program and no more than ten years prior to graduation from the graduate program.
Back to Previous Page