The Nurse Anesthesia Program is a university-based program leading to a Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) degree with a major in Nurse Anesthesia. It is the only university-based nurse anesthesia program leading to a M.S.N. in Southwest Florida.
The Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) program at FGCU is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036 (202)-887-6791. The program's next accreditation review by CCNE is spring 2019. The Nurse Anesthesia Program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222 S. Prospect Ave., Suite 304, Park Ridge, IL 60068-4010; telephone (847)-692-7050. The program's next accreditation review by the COA is October 2022.
Program Admission Requirements
See program website at URL listed above.
Required Courses in the Major (81 hrs)
- NGR 5431L Clinical Practicum I (1)
- NGR 5432L Clinical Practicum II (1)
- NGR 5433L Clinical Practicum III (6)
- NGR 5434L Clinical Practicum IV (6)
- NGR 5435L Clinical Practicum V (6)
- NGR 5436L Clinical Practicum VI (6)
- NGR 5437L Clinical Practicum VII (6)
- NGR 6002 Health Appraisal and Interpretation (3)
- NGR 6002L Health Appraisal and Interpretation (1)
- NGR 6140 Pathophysiology I (2)
- NGR 6144 Pathophysiology II (2)
- NGR 6143 Adv. Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology IV (1)
- NGR 6149 Adv. Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology III (1)
- NGR 6156 Adv. Anatomy & Physiology I (2)
- NGR 6165 Adv. Anatomy & Physiology II (2)
- NGR 6400 Chemistry & Physics in Nurse Anesthesia (2)
- NGR 6405 Adv. Principles of Anesthesia II (3)
- NGR 6410 Perioperative Technology (1)
- NGR 6420 Basic Principles of Anesthesia (3)
- NGR 6421 Adv. Principles of Anesthesia I (3)
- NGR 6460 Pharmacology I (4)
- NGR 6461 Pharmacology II (4)
- NGR 6491 Synthesis Seminar (3)
- NGR 6740 Concepts & Roles in Advanced Nursing (3)
- NGR 6811 Scholarly Inquiry for Evidence Based Practice (3)
- NGR 6894 Global Trends & Practice Perspectives (3)
- NGR 6949 Clinical Correlation Conf. (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 81 HRS
Additional Graduation Requirements
Apply for graduation by deadline indicated in the university calendar.
Students in this program must meet specific progression, clinical and graduation requirements. See the Nurse Anesthesia (NA) Program Guidebook.
Back to Previous Page