- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete each of the following (16 hours):
- JOU 2100 Journalistic Writing (3)
- JOU 3201 News Editing (3)
- MMC 2604 News Literacy (3)
- MMC 2604L News Literacy Recitation (0)
- MMC 3020 Grammar (1)
- MMC 3125 News Reporting and Writing (3)
- MMC 4211 Media, Law and Ethics (3)
Choose one of the following (3 hours):
- MMC 3104 Writing for a Mass Audience (3)
- RTV 3301 Audio and Video Journalism (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 19 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
Back to Previous Page