- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete both of the following:
- SPN 3300 Composition (3)
- SPN 3400 Conversation and Composition I (3)
Complete a minimum of 12 credits from the following:
- SPN 1120C (4) or [SPN 1120 (3) and SPN 1120L (1)] Beginning Spanish 1
- SPN 1121C (4) or [SPN 1121 (3) and SPN 1121L (1)] Beginning Spanish 2
- SPN 2220C (4) or [SPN 2220 (3) and SPN 2220L (1)] Intermediate Spanish 1
- SPN 2221C (4) or [SPN 2201 (3) and SPN 2201L (1)] Intermediate Spanish 2
- SPN 3500 Survey of Spanish Culture & Civilization I (3)
- SPN 3520 Latin Amer. Culture & Civilization I (3)
- SPT 3532 Hispanic Cinema (3)
- SPW 3100 Survey of Spanish Literature (3)
- SPW 3130 Latin American Literature (3)
- SPW 4930 Selected Topics (1-3)
*Required Beginning and Intermediate courses (and their labs) can be exempted by obtaining an equivalency through a Spanish Placement Test. Determination of equivalency will be made by the program faculty on the basis of this test. Students who place out of required beginning and intermediate courses must fulfill the credit requirement for the minor with other courses from the given list.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
Back to Previous Page