Program Admission Requirements
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete the following:
- LAS 2000 Intro to Latin American Studies (3)
Complete one of the following:
- LAH 3130 Colonial Latin America (3)
- LAH 3200 History of Mod Latin America (3)
Complete four of the following:
- AML 4630 Latino Literature (3)
- LAH 3430 History of Mexico (3)
- LAS 3007 Latin American Environments (3)
- SPN 3202 Survey of Latin-American Lit (3)
- SPN 3520 Latin Amer Cult & Civil I (3)
- SPN 4537 Spec Top in Afro-Hisp Cult (3)
- SPN 4538 Cult Exp of Indig People in LA (3)
- SPN 4910 Directed Independent Research (3)
- SPT 3523 Women Writers of Latin Am (3)
- SPT 3532 Hispanic Cinema (3)
- SYD 3630 Latin Amer Social Structures (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
Back to Previous Page