- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Audition Requirement - To be accepted into the program, students must complete the Bower School of Music online application and audition for admittance.
Please see http://www.fgcu.edu/CAS/music/auditions.html for information about auditions.
Complete each of the following:
- MUN 1XXX Music Ensemble (1 cr x 2 semesters) (2)
- MUN 3XXX Music Ensemble (1 cr x 2 semesters) (2)
- MUT 1111 Music Theory I (3)
- MUT 1112 Music Theory II (3)
- MUT 1241 Aural Skills I (1)
- MUT 1242 Aural Skills II (1)
- MVK 1111 Class Piano (1) *
- MVx 1xxx Freshman Applied Music (1 cr x 2 semesters) (2)**
- MVx 2xxx Sophomore Applied Music (1 cr x 2 semesters) (2) **
- MVx 3xxx Junior Applied Music (1 cr x 1 semester) (1) **
Select three hours from the following:
- MUH 3211 Survey of Music History I (3)
- MUH 3212 Survey of Music History II (3)
- MUN 3xxx Upper Level Ensemble (1) (1 cr x 3 semesters)
- MVx 3xxx-4xxx Upper level applied music (1) (1 cr x 3 semesters)
*Students may be exempt based on performance on the piano placement exam.
** Applied Music Study must occur in five separate semesters, including one at the upper level.
Required Theory and Aural Skills courses may be exempted by obtaining an equivalency through a Music Placement Test offered by the Music Program. Determinations of equivalency will be made by the program faculty on the basis of the test. Students can then select from the following to complete the remaining 4-8 hours:
- MVx 3xxx or 4xxx Upper Level Applied Music (1-4)
- MUH 3211 or 3212 Survey of Music History I and/or II (3-6)
- MUN 3xxx Music Ensemble (1-4)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 20-21 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
Back to Previous Page