Program Admission Requirements
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
All students minoring in World Literature are required to demonstrate basic conversational and reading proficiency equivalent to one year (two semesters) of college instruction in a modern language other than English or reading proficiency in a classical language before graduating. Students may fulfill this requirement by successfully completing two semesters of university-level modern or classical language courses or CLEP (College Level Examination Program). (6-8 credit hours)
Select two of the following (6 hrs):
- AML 3682 American Ethnic Literature (3)
- IDS 3332 Issues in Culture and Society: Japanese Popular Culture (3)
- IDS 3332 Issues in Culture and Society: Iranian Cinema (3)
- LIT 3144 Modern European Novel (3)
- LIT 3191 World Literature (3)
- LIT 3381 Literature of Women of Color (3)
- SPT 3100 Masterpieces (3)
- SPT 3130 Latin American Literature (3)
- SPT 3523 Women Writers of Latin America (3)
- SPT 3532 Hispanic Cinema (3)
Select two of the following (6-7 hrs):
- AML 4604 Seminar in African-American Lit (3)
- AML 4630 Latino Literature (3)
- AML 4703 The Immigrant Exp in Lit of US (3)
- LIT 4061 Comparative Literature (3)
- LIT 4192 Carribbean Literature (3)
- LIT 4353 Ethnic Studies (3)
- LIT 4355 African and Diaspora Literature (3)
SPN 2270 Study Abroad, FRE 1952 French Study Abroad or GER 1952 German Study Abroad may be used as a substitute for one of the above requirements (4 hrs).
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18-21 HRS
Back to Previous Page