The Minor in Political Science provides non-political science majors the opportunity to explore the field of political science through a six-course (18 credit hour) program of study. A grade of C or higher is required in all courses, and at least 12 of the 18 credit hours must be taken at FGCU. A student desiring certification of this minor and designation on the transcript must note the minor on the Application for Graduation, contact a College of Arts and Sciences academic advisor to certify completion of the minor coursework, and meet all the requirements for the minor as listed below. For additional information, please contact a College of Arts and Sciences academic advisor.
Program Admission Requirements
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required in all courses for the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must:
- Note the minor on the Application for Graduation.
- Contact a college advisor to certify completion of all course requirements for the declared minor as listed below.
Complete any two of the following:
- INR 2005 Peace and Conflict in the Public World (3)
- INR 2015 Global Studies (3)
- POS 2041 American National Government (3)
- POS 2112 State & Local Government & Politics (3)
Complete one course from each of the following categories:
- One upper division elective course in American Politics/Administration/Policy: PAD 3810 (3), POS 3250 (3), POS 3270 (3), POS 3691 (3), POS 4064 (3), POS 4152 (3), POS 4614 (3), POS 4931 (3), PUP 3040 (3), PUP 4930 (3)
- One upper division course in Comparative Politics: CPO 3003 (3), CPO 3303 (3), CPO 4076 (3), CPO 4930 (3), or PUP 4013 (3)
- One upper division course in International Relations: INR 4075 (3), INR 4303 (3), INR 4703 (3), INR 4926 (3), INR 4930 (3), PUP 4206 (3)
- One upper division course in Political Theory: POT 3003 (3), POT 3075 (3), POT 4074 (3), POT 4932 (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
Back to Previous Page