Philosophy majors are not eligible for the minor in Philosophy.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete 15 hours from the following:
Any 1000-4999 level course with the prefixes PHH, PHI, PHM, or PHP
A minimum of 12 credits must be at the 3000-4999 level.
A student has the option of counting one course from the following list:
- EVR 3020 Environmental Philosophies (3)
- LIT 4213 Literary Theory (3)
- MAN 2062 Ethical Issues (3)
- POT 3003 Political Theory (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 15 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
Back to Previous Page