The following are minimum requirements for awarding the associate of arts (AA) degree:
- Earn a minimum of 60 semester hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all coursework attempted at FGCU.
- Satisfy general education requirements (36 hours of required and elective coursework in prescribed areas; see General Education section).
- Satisfy Communication and Computation Skills (previously known as Gordon Rule requirements)(see Communication and Computation Skills section).
- Complete 15 of the last 30 credit hours at FGCU.
- An AA degree is not automatically awarded. Students are required to apply. AA degrees are awarded at the end of the term in which the application was approved.
- Application for AA degree must be submitted to the appropriate academic advisor for approval any semester after completion of the requirements but prior to an application for the baccalaureate degree.
- An Associate of Arts degree will not be awarded in the same term that the baccalaureate degree is to be awarded or in any term following the completion of the baccalaureate degree.
- The AA degree information and date of award are listed on the academic transcript.