skip navigation

Florida Gulf Coast University

Website Directory  

FGCU Academic Catalog

FGCU Catalog
General Information
Undergraduate Information
Graduate Information
Academic Programs
Course Information
Catalog Home » Registration and Records » Change of Major (Undergraduate)

Change of Major (Undergraduate) 2013-2014 Catalog Year

Previous  |  Topic Menu  |  Next

An undergraduate student wishing to change his or her major must submit a completed Change of Major form to the college advisor for the new program. A student wishing to change his or her major to a limited access program or an undergraduate student wishing to enter a graduate program must formally apply to the relevant program. Students may not use the Change of Major form to change from degree to non-degree status.

Advisors in the College of Health Professions have the authority to correct majors of students officially admitted into an individual academic program within the college. This college-specific policy superseded university policy that requires students to individually submit a Change of Major form. Unless otherwise specified, lower-level College of Health Professions students dismissed from limited access academic programs become undeclared. Upper-level students must declare a new major.