Program Admission Requirements
- Submit an FGCU Undergraduate Admission Application and satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- Complete common prerequisites with a grade of C or better.
- Attend an orientation session.
- Sign an Advising Agreement document.
- FGCU General Education Program (GEP) (36 hrs)
Refer to the General Education Program for more information.
- Communication (6 hrs)
- ENC 1101 (3)
- ENC 1102 (3)
- Mathematics (6 hrs)
- STA 2037 or STA 2023 (3)
- Select MAC 2312 (4)
- Humanities (9 hrs)
- HUM 2510 (3)
- Social Sciences (6-9 hrs)
- Natural Sciences (6-9 hrs)
- PHY 2048C (4) recommended
Note: At least one Natural Sciences course must include a laboratory or field component. Courses meeting this requirement contain a “C” or “L” in their course numbers. Each combined lecture and laboratory course (marked with a C) is equivalent to taking the lecture and laboratory separately.
- Common Prerequisites
- COP 1500 Intro to Computer Science (3)
- MAC 2311 Calculus I (4) (GEP)
- MAC 2312 Calculus II (4)
- MAC 2313 Calculus III (4)
- MAP 2302 Differential Equations (3)
- PHY 2048C General Physics with Lab I (4) (GEP)
- Required Courses in the Major (36 hrs)
- MAA 4226 Analysis I (3)
- MAA 4227 Analysis II (3)
- MAP 3161 Math for Science & Engineering (4)
- MAP 3162 Probability & Statistics (4)
- MAP 3163 Operations Research I (3)
- MAS 3105 Linear Algebra (3)
- MAS 4301 Abstract Algebra I (3)
- MAS 4302 Abstract Algebra II (3)
- MAS 4730 Computational Technology (2)
- MAT 4937 Senior Seminar (2)
- MHF 2191 Mathematical Foundations (3)
- MHF 4404 History of Math (3)
- Electives in the Major (6 hrs)
Select 6 hrs from the following prefixes numbered 3000-4000 level: MAA, MAD, MAP, MAS, MAT, MHF, MTG, or STA
- University Requirements (3 hrs)
- IDS 3920 University Colloquium (3)
- Additional Electives (variable)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 120 HRS
Additional Graduation Requirements
- A minimum of 120 credit hours.
- A minimum of 48 of the 120 hours must be at the upper division (3000 - 4999) level.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework attempted at FGCU.
- A minimum grade of C for each course used to satisfy the following categories: common prerequisites, required courses in the major, and electives in the major.
- Satisfaction of the Communication and Computation Skills and foreign language entrance requirements.
- Satisfaction of the Service Learning requirement (See www.fgcu.edu/connect).
- Satisfaction of the residency requirement: thirty of the last sixty credits must be completed at FGCU.
- Completion of the summer course enrollment requirement.
- Submit an Application for Graduation by the deadline listed in the FGCU Academic Calendar.
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
The following substitutions are acceptable for common prerequisites and must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- COP 1500: may substitute COP XXXX (3)
- MAC 2311: may substitute MAC X311 (4)
- MAC 2312: may substitute MAC X312 (4)
- MAC 2313: may substitute MAC X313 (4)
- MAP 2302: may substitute MAP X302 (4)
- PHY 2048C: may substitute BSC XXXX/XXXXL (4) or CHM XXXX/XXXXL (4) or PHY XXXX/XXXXL (4) or GLY XXXX/XXXXL (4) or a laboratory-based science course designed for science majors (4)
For All Majors: Students are strongly recommended to select required lower division electives that will enhance their General Education coursework and that will support their intended baccalaureate degree program. Students should consult with an academic advisor in their major degree area.
Back to Previous Page