Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or email@example.com for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Note: The minimum GRE entrance exam scores listed below are for the GRE taken prior to August 1, 2011. For information about the minimum revised GRE scores (taken after August 1, 2011), please contact the Graduate Studies Office at (239) 590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Admission Requirements
- General Admission Requirements
- Earned undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Provide an official copy of all academic transcripts and Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores or GRE scores. Equivalency between the GMAT score and the GRE score is established using the ETS comparison table https://www.ets.org/gre/institution/about/mba/comparison_tool.
- One of the following:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in upper division coursework (last 60 credit hours) or
- Score of 500 or higher on the GMAT or equivalent score on GRE.
- Total points of 1050 (GPA x 200 + GMAT) with a GMAT score of at least 450 or equivalent score on GRE.
- International students must have a satisfactory score on the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based for international students from countries where English is not the primary language).
- Prior to admission to a graduate program, students may complete a maximum of 9 credit hours of graduate level courses on a non-degree seeking basis.
- Course waiver. The program is divided into 9 credit hours of foundation courses, 30 credit hours of required core courses, 6 credit hours of elective courses. Up to a maximum of 9 credit hours of foundation courses may be waived by equivalent undergraduate or graduate courses completed at a regionally accredited institution within the last six years with a grade of C or higher. Course equivalences are as follows: (Note: Without waivers, the program length is 45 credit hours.)
- FIN 5XXX Foundations of Econ/Finance- Micro and Macro Economics (ECO 2013 and 2023) and Business Finance (FIN 3403)
- XXX 5XXX Management/Marketing Concepts- Principles of Management (MAN 3025) and Principles of Marketing (MAR 3023)
- ISM 6021 - Management Information Systems - MIS upper division course (ISM 3011)
- Computer proficiency.
To successfully complete the MBA program, students should be proficient in basic computer technology. See college academic advisor for additional information.
GMAT and GRE Comparisons on the Educational Testing Services (ETS) Website
- Equivalency between the GMAT score and the GRE score is established using the ETS Comparison Table
- GRE Comparison Tool: This tool, on the ETS website, was updated in July 2013. It helps predict GMAT scores based on an applicant's GRE Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores. Go to the ETS website to learn more