COB Handbook - Faculty Development Support
Funding for faculty development is available from multiple sources in the University.
- Academic units (departments) provide faculty support for professional development needs, including travel. Specifics vary among the academic units; consult your supervisor for details on how to apply for travel funds.
- A Professional Development Grant program is administered by a Team of the Faculty Senate. Faculty may apply for up to $2,000 per activity. Calls for proposals and deadlines are emailed to all faculty. More information may be found on the Senate website.
- The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) offers internal grants to use for pilot projects, small research projects, or matching funds for externally funded research, as well as faculty and student travel award programs.
- As funds allow, the LCOB offers four annual Distinguished Performance Awards in the form of professional development funds for
- The LCOB offers scholarship awards in the form of professional development funds for publications in quality peer reviewed journals.