Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or email@example.com for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Note: The minimum GRE entrance exam scores listed below are for the GRE taken prior to August 1, 2011. Minimum scores are not yet available for the Revised GRE (taken after August 1, 2011).
Program Admission Requirements
- General admission requirements.
- Earned undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Provide an official copy of all academic transcripts and Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores or GRE scores. Equivalency between the GMAT score and the GRE score is established using the ETS comparison table https://wwww.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool.
- One of the following:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in upper division coursework (last 60 credit hours) or
- Score of 500 or higher on the GMAT or equivalent score on GRE.
- Total points of 1050 (GPA x 200 + GMAT) with a GMAT score of at least 450 or equivalent score on GRE.
- International students must have a satisfactory score on the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based for international students from countries where English is not the primary language).
- Prior to admission to a graduate program, students may complete a maximum of 9 credit hours of graduate level courses on a non-degree basis.
- Course waiver.
The program is divided into 21 credit hours of business foundation courses, 18 credit hours of required information systems core courses, and 12 credit hours of approved elective courses. Up to a maximum of 21 credit hours of foundation courses may be waived by equivalent undergraduate or graduate courses completed at a regionally accredited institution within the last six years with a grade of C or higher. Course equivalences are as follows: (Note: Without waivers, the program length is 51 credit hours.)
- ACG 6025 - Accounting Fundamentals for Mgrs - Intro to Financial Accounting (ACG 2021) and Intro to Managerial Accounting (ACG 2071)
- ECO 5005 - Foundations of Economics - Micro and Macro Economics (ECO 2013 and 2023)
- FIN 5405 - Foundations of Business Finance - Business Finance (FIN 3403)
- ISM 6021 - Management Information Systems - MIS upper division course (ISM 3011)
- MAN 6055 - Contemporary Management Concepts - Principles of Management (MAN 3025)
- MAR 6805 - Marketing Management - Principles of Marketing (MAR 3023)
- QMB 6305 - Statistical Methods for Management - Statistics I and II (STA 2023 and QMB 3200)
- Additional admission requirements.
Applicants to the master's program in IS must complete the following prerequisite courses or equivalent:
- Introduction Business Programming (ISM 3230)
- Database Concepts & Administration (ISM 3212)
GMAT and GRE Comparisons on the Educational Testing Services (ETS) Website
- Equivalency between the GMAT score and the GRE score is established using the ETS Comparison Table
- GRE Comparison Tool: This tool, on the ETS website, was updated in July 2013. It helps predict GMAT scores based on an applicant's GRE Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores. Go to the ETS website to learn more