Program Requirements for 2016-2017 Catalog Year
The General Education Program Website is located at http://www.fgcu.edu/general_education
To prevent or minimize excess hours, select general education courses that satisfy common prerequisite requirements for your intended major.
- FGCU General Education Program (http://www.fgcu.edu/general_education/)
- Common Prerequisites
A minimum grade of C is required in each course
FGCU Course: HFT 1000 Introduction to Hospitality/Tourism (3)
Acceptable Substitute: HFTX000
- Required Courses in the Major (51 credits)
FSS 3338C Introduction to F&B Management (3)
HFT 1382 Intro to Golf Management (3)
HFT 2352 Player Development (1)
HFT 3353 Golf Facility Operations (2)
HFT 3383 Adv. Golf Merchandising Oper. (2)
HFT 3404 Resort & Hosp Financial Acct (3)
HFT 3573 R&H Marketing (3)
HFT 3670 R&H Law,Legal Issues&Risk Mgmt (3)
HFT 3948 PGA PGM Internship I (6) - Minimum grade of C or higher is required.
HFT 4381 Golf Executive Management (3)
HFT 4934 PGM Senior Seminar (3)
HFT 4948 PGA PGM Internship II (5)
ORH 2220C Turfgrass Management Operations (3)
PEL 3120 PGA Prep 1 (3)
PEL 3125 PGA Prep 2 (3)
PEL 4126 Golf Practicum (3)
PEO 3124 Director of Golf Instr. Oper. (2)
- Electives in the Major (3 credits)
HFT 3221 Mgmt Resort Hosp Human Resourc (3)
HFT 3271 Intro to Club & Spa Management (3)
HFT 3253 RHM Lodging Operations Man (3)
HFT 3572 RHM Sales,ADV&Public Relations (3)
HFT 3443 Hospitality Info Technology (3)
HFT 3757 Principles of Event Management (3)
HFT 4275 Resort Development & Mgt. (3)
HFT 4343 Resort & Rec Facilities Mgt. (3)
HFT 4380 Golf Course Ownership (3)
HFT 4464 Resort & Hosp Financial Mgmt (3)
HFT 4866 Wine Merchandising, Tasting & Tech (3)
PEL 3123 History of Golf (3)
PEL 4906 PGA PGM Directed Study (3)
- University Requirements (3 credits)
IDS 3920 University Colloquium (3)
- Additional Electives - as needed to reach total credits required for the degree
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 120 HRS
Additional Graduation Requirements
- Students must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 120 credits.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required for all coursework attempted at FGCU.
- At least 48 of the 120 credits must be in the upper division (3000 and higher).
- At least 30 of the last 60 credits must be earned at FGCU.
- Satisfy College-Level Skills and foreign language entrance requirements
- Satisfy the FGCU Summer Enrollment Requirement
- Satisfy Service Learning requirement. See www.fgcu.edu/connect/
- Successfully complete all elements of the PGA requirements:
- Knowledge Testing
- Work Experience Portfolio requirements
- PGA Seminars attendance (all 3 levels)
- PGA Final Experience
- Complete a minimum of 16 months of internship.
- Pass the PGA of America Player Ability Test
- For those who apply for PGA Membership, a background check must be completed and US Citizenship or Resident Alien status must be verified.
Consult with College advising or PGM Director for any additional details.