Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
||Hendry, Collier, Lee, Glades, Other
Historical & Cultural Sites
The Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium is a private nonprofit organization that was incorporated in the early seventies to serve children and adults with environmental education opportunities. The Center is home to many native reptiles, raptors, and shore birds. Two half mile boardwalk and crushed shell paths wind our 105 acres, and for the more adventurous, we offer a two and a half mile wilderness path. Our Planetarium offers astronomy learning opportunities and entertaining laser light shows. Telescope viewing and other special programs are held throughout the year. Several times a year, we hold large weekend family oriented events and fundraisers for the public.
****Come and join us on the last Saturday of each month for a “Work Day” from 7am-5pm and receive a full 10 hours of volunteer service. We will be doing general maintenance, gator pond maintenance, as well as, event preparations when events are coming up. Come dressed in closed toed shoes and clothing that can get dirty. Also, if you have any shovels, wheel barrels, or construction tools please feel free to bring them along to work with. We look forward to have lots of volunteers and getting projects accomplished at the Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium. For more information email email@example.com.****
||1. Complete and submit a hand signed volunteer form found on our web site
2. After your form is received email firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name, total hours desired type of work desired, and days available. Make sure to put the type of work desired into the subject line so the correct department contacts you. Please be sure to read the descriptions for each volunteer opportunity to make sure it is something you are interested in doing
3. Wait for a response with available dates for the type of volunteer work you requested.
4. Confirm that you will or will not be available on the dates offered.
5. Wait for a response confirming you are added to the volunteer schedule.
6. Show up on time and in appropriate clothing for each day you have been scheduled.
Make sure we receive a signed form when you arrive. We can sometimes put you to work right away but be prepared with closed shoes, your own bug spray, water bottles and food. Please keep valuables at home or in your car locked. Call before coming so we know how many to expect.
|Times of Work:
||Weekdays daytime, Weekdays evenings, Weekends daytime, Weekends evenings
||Ms. Diana, Sue or Mary Santos, Scott, Rawl
3450 Ortiz Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33905
Fax: (239) 275-9016
Phone: (239) 275-3435 14
||Volunteer Hours Needed
Phone: (239) 275-3435
|Worker's Comp for Volunteers?:
All volunteers receive 20% off our gift shop.
Some special events are held in the evenings and special projects can be arranged outside of our hours of operation.