Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
||Charlotte, Hendry, Collier, Lee, Glades, Other
Historical & Cultural Sites
||The Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium is a private not for profit educational organization that was incorporated in the early seventies to serve children and adults with environmental education opportunities. The Center is home to many native reptiles, rescued native raptors, and butterflies, and some rescued mammals. Three trails - 1/3 mile, 1/2 mile, and 1.25 mile with shell paths, packed dirt, and some boardwalks on 105 acres.
Our Planetarium offers astronomy learning experiences and entertaining cosmic shows. More than 10,000 people visit annually, both the general public and school and camp field trips. Telescopic viewing and other special programs are held throughout the year, and solar telescopic observing is hosted for the public every Friday morning.
Several times a year, CNCP holds large weekend family-oriented events and fundraisers for the public, and performances, classes and weekend workshops related to our mission: "Connecting People With Nature!"
||1. Complete and submit a hand signed volunteer form found on our web site
2. After your form is submitted, email firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name, total hours desired type of work desired, and days available. Make sure to *put the type of work desired into the subject line* so the correct department contacts you. Please be sure to read the descriptions for each volunteer opportunity to make sure it is something you are interested in doing.
3. Wait for a response with available dates for the type of volunteer work you requested.
4. Confirm that you will or will not be available on the dates offered.
5. Wait for a response confirming you are added to the volunteer schedule.
6. Show up on time and in appropriate clothing for each day you have been scheduled. We can sometimes put you to work right away, so be prepared with closed shoes, your own bug spray, water bottles and food. Please keep valuables at home or locked in your car. Call before coming so we know how many to expect. Make sure we receive a signed form when you arrive, so that your hours can be properly credited.
|Times of Work:
||Weekdays daytime, Weekends daytime
||Ms. Diana Santos
3450 Ortiz Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33905
Fax: (239) 275-9016
Phone: (239) 275-3435 223
||Ginger Allen x 221
Phone: (239) 275-3435
|Worker's Comp for Volunteers?:
All volunteers receive 20% off in our gift shop.
Some special events are held in the evenings and special projects can be arranged outside of our normal hours of operation. For example, students interested in running laser shows at night may have the opportunity to do that, and even to learn about designing their own laser shows using Pangolin: that will be a planetarium "special project."