Environmental and Peace Education Center
||Hendry, Collier, Lee, Glades
Political Action/Social Justice
||The Environmental and Peace Education Center is a nonprofit 501(c)3 community advocacy organization located in Southwest Florida. Founded in 1982, EPEC raises community awareness on issues concerning the preservation of our unique ecological paradise, and works to promote the resolution of local, national and world conflicts through nonviolent means. The guiding principles of cooperation and collaboration are the means by which EPEC moves toward these goals, and we welcome your involvement.
||Currently, our volunteer needs are as follows:
- Social media person to post content to website using WordPress software, as well as posting content to our Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube pages to keep them active and interesting.
- Press release person to prepare press releases for board approval prior to distributing to media entities.
- Event coordinator to assist with preparation of fundraising and other events and activities. Duties would include assisting with event planning and promotion, making phone calls and running errands, setting up chairs, waitering, clean-up, etc.
- Political Action/Social Justice assistant to help plan and prepare for demonstrations, make signs, set up booths and tables, and clean up afterward.
- Assist with artistic projects such as developing signs, posters, tee shirts, reusable bags, or other marketing items.
- Assistance with business plan development.
- Assistant to help with researching and writing grants.
Please contact us if you are interested in these opportunities!
|Times of Work:
||Weekdays daytime, Weekdays evenings, Weekends daytime, Weekends evenings
P.O. Box 2184
Fort Myers, FL 33902
Phone: (239) 949-1746
Phone: (239) 628-2534
|Worker's Comp for Volunteers?: