Admissions Information for 2012-2013 Catalog Year
If you are not yet an FGCU student, visit the Admissions Office Website
If you are a newly-admitted FGCU student please be sure to sign up for an Orientation session. As part of this session you will be meeting with an academic advisor who will assist you in registering for classes for your major.
Program Admission Requirements
Degree-seeking students are classified as pre-majors prior to formal acceptance into a U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering (WCE) major. As pre-majors, students may enroll in:
- Lower level (1000-2999) courses to satisfy General Education and Common Program Prerequisite requirements;
- Lower level electives; and
- EGN1006L, EGN1041C, and EGM3420C from the Engineering Common Core courses, if course pre-requisites are met.
Pre-majors may not enroll in Engineering Common Core classes beyond EGM3420C without first being admitted to an Engineering Major or in any upper level (3000-4999) Required Courses for the Major without meeting the course pre-requisites and prior approval, where appropriate, by the WCE Academic Advisor.
Admission to Florida Gulf Coast University does not guarantee acceptance into a WCE major. Students are accepted into a WCE major upon satisfaction of the following:
- Admission to FGCU as a degree seeking student in good academic standing.
- Attendance at a Freshman Transition Workshop or Transfer Student Orientation session.
- Completion of one semester at FGCU with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and completion of at least 30 earned hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Complete the following courses with a grade of C or higher:
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Calculus I*
- Calculus II*
- General Chemistry I*
- General Physics I*
Also, complete the four courses denoted with an asterisk (*) with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Exceptions may be made for AP/IB credit with approval of the WCE Academic Advisor.
- Submission of the U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering Application for Acceptance into a Major upon completion of the above steps 1 through 5 before the start of registration in any given semester.
Visit the Admissions Office Web site for information on admission deadlines.