Currently, the CFP is accepting perishable and non-perishable food items. Food donations can be dropped off during pantry hours or at any FGCU Campus Drop-site listed below. If you need assistance, please notify the CFP prior to arriving and we will have volunteers ready to help you.
- Our needs list:
- Canned and fresh fruit or vegetables (no canned corn at this time please)
- Beans: pinto, black, chili, kidney, and white (no green beans at this time please)
- Hearty soups, stews, and chili
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- FGCU Campus Drop-Site locations:
- Ben Hill Griffin, Room 146
- Cohen Center, Room 288
- Edwards Hall, Room 214
- McTarnaghan Hall, Room 223
- Merwin Hall, Room 268
- Reed Hall, Room 220
- WGCU, Lobby
Unfortunately, due to food handling and safety regulations, we are unable to accept home-made food items, partially used or opened packages, or items not commercially packaged. Perishable items that we can accept are fruit and vegetables that come direct from a local farmer or grocery store and have a shelf life of over a week. Prepared food from events cannot be distributed through the CFP. Please do not leave perishable items at the drop sites without notifying us in advance. If you are unsure whether your donation is suitable for the CFP, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
- General public (online donation): Anyone wishing to make a donation to the FGCU Campus Food Pantry through a secure online site may make a donation here.
Important Note:Please clearly identify your donation for the Pantry by selecting ‘Other’ when asked where you would like your donation to go. Then enter ‘Campus Food Pantry’ in the online form.
- FGCU Faculty and Staff: Faculty and Staff may donate using the "You Give Form" Please specify the FGCU Campus Food Pantry for your donation!
Thank you to our recent donors!!!!
- FGCU Staff, faculty, and students for your ongoing food and monetary donations
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Class
- Harry Chapin Food Bank
- Hungerwalk 2013 and 2014: FGCU Cares Team
- Spring Run Foundation
- Hearts of Miromar
- Two anonymous monetary donors