The electronic personnel action form (EPAF) function of Gulfline allows the University to process paperless personnel actions (Approval Categories).
EPAF’s are simple, concise, and allow many values or data elements to default into the document without manual data entry.
The forms enable the University to achieve our goal to process personnel actions rapidly, through an electronic approval process, providing an audit trail of all approval/disapproval history.
Departments will use the EPAF process to provide the data elements necessary to process the following EPAF Approval Categories:
- All Summer Faculty Appointments
- All Overload Appointments
- All Labor Distribution Changes
- All OPS Hourly Job Terminations
- All OPS Hourly Pay Changes
- All OPS Extension of End Dates
- All New OPS Jobs- Hourly & Fixed Amounts (including College Work Study) **
- All Adjunct Faculty Appointments **
- All Graduate Teaching Appointments **
** These EPAF transactions can only be completed for a rehired employee who has previously completed their payroll sign-on with Human Resources and received a paycheck within the last three (3) years.
The completed EPAF is then submitted through a pre-determined approval queue (routing). If approved, the EPAF will be applied to the Banner database by Human Resources.
Some efficiencies that will be realized from using EPAFs are:
- An EPAF is never lost in campus mail or in somebody's "inbox".
- An EPAF is created online and applied to the Banner system electronically so the information is keyed only once, lessening the chance for data entry errors.
- An EPAF is routed online so there is never an question regarding the location of the EPAF.
- An EPAF is available for viewing via Gulfine so various people can view it simultaneously.
- Once the EPAF has been submitted, you can see who has approved it, disapproved it, made remarks about it or returned it for correction.