In today's workplace, competition - economic challenges - expectations are increasingly intense, and can impact our reaction to people and events that we encounter. Civility is more than just a catch phrase, it is an attitude and behavior that encompasses trust, respect and healthy relationships.
- discuss the definition of civility and incivility;
- identify the causes of uncivil behavior;
- recognize the impact of differences between people;
- apply the "Golden Rule" when interacting with others;
- determine the role of personal responsibility and choice; and
- practice how to apply civil behavior in the office and the community.