The Eagle International Ambassador Program (Eagle I) connects FGCU international students with American students. This pairing provides the opportunity for international students to experience American culture through friendships with American students and American students to expand their college education through interaction with international students. These relationships make possible the expansion of cultural awareness and global learning.
- enhance cross-cultural understanding and awareness among all students
- develop cross-cultural skills for all participants
- facilitate global awareness and learning
Eagle I Ambassadors role and expectations:
- commit to one year of involvement/interaction with an international student beginning summer 2013
- communicate with international students over the summer to share information about FGCU and southwest Florida
- assist with new international student pre-arrival information and their arrival/introduction to campus (this requires your presence on campus several days before the start of each semester)
- participate with international students in non-classroom activities (International Reception, local special events, university activities, etc)
- support international students in their transition to living/learning at FGCU and in the U.S.
- room with an international student if available
- invite and involve international student(s) in holiday(s), outings, family events, etc
- communicate/interact with international students at least every three (3) weeks
- represent Eagle I Program as requested at university/community events (Eagle EXPO, local speaking requests, international events, etc)
- participate in all required training sessions (6-8 hours/year)
Benefits to YOU:
- learn about another country and culture
- make global friendships
- develop cross-cultural leadership skills with a diverse group of students
- expand your world knowledge and experience
- earn service learning hours
- Please fill out and print the 'Application Form' and the have two References fill out the 'Reference Form' below. Then either scan, save and send the completed forms to email@example.com OR bring them/ send them inter-office mail (for references) to International Services Office, Reed Hall 122.
- DEADLINE is March 22nd, 2013.
- Application Form for Fall 2013- Spring 2014
- Reference Form (Two references required)
- Interviews will be conducted of those selected by the selection committee
- Following interviews, the selected Ambassadors will be announced and contacted